If you love wearing striped pants but can’t decide what to wear them with? We are here to help you! They aren’t the easiest pants to style but they look great and of course. Some say that only artists can wear them and know how to style them the right way. But even if you’re not an artist, you can still pull off a look that’s trendy and stylish!
This post is dedicated to those who love wearing striped pants but don’t know what to do with them.
Wearing the wrong outfit can make you look awkward and unattractive. So, the first thing to do is to find out which outfit you want to wear with them. You can buy striped pants that suit your personality and style or you can simply choose an outfit that matches your personality.
1. Mix and match with large statement jewellery or with a scarf, brooch or belt, depending on your style;
2. Match with a nice solid coloured top (or wear over a striped tee);
3. Wear pants layered over skirts or dresses (this is one of my personal favourites, I often wear this look when I go shopping instead of dressing up);
4. Combine with other complementing colours or patterns for a totally unique outfit;
5. You can combine it with florals and stripes (not recommended if you have a large bust);
6. You can also pair it with a bright tee and jacket just to break the monotony;
7. Wear it with an oversized jacket and you’ll look so fashion-forward;
8. It goes perfectly with a full print dress shirt, just make sure the print is big enough so that the pants don’t overshadow the outfit! If you want to determine which one looks better on your body shape, try swapping up your top to see which colour combination looks best on you;
9. Wear it with a plain pure white t-shirt and try it with a statement necklace or bracelet.: Whenever you aren’t sure what to wear, a plain white tee is always a great choice! It also looks greatly layered over dresses and skirts. You can just revert back to your usual outfits later on if your body shape isn’t getting along with stripes properly.
Now, striped pants are not something you can’t wear. You can wear it under the layers and what you’ll need to do is choose the right style of pants to pair with the outfit. It’s important that you make sure that your striped pants are in sync with each element of your look. Choose a colour that naturally complements your skin tone and then go to a couple of different colour combinations. Try to think outside the box and you’ll be staring in the mirror wearing what you want in no time.
It’s all about proportion and keeping a slim silhouette will make it an easier match.
Try pairing a top that’s lighter but with more texture, such as plaid or polka dot, as it will add more dimension to your outfit without clashing with the stripes on your trousers.
Make sure the bottom of the top is not too short. You don’t want to add unnecessary bulk near your waist, so longer-length tops are always better.
If you have a petite frame, wear a longer top that’s fitted or one with an empire waistline to make your body appear taller. And if you have a pear-shaped body, choose voluminous tops that skim over your hips.
Change the cut of your top to make it seem more fitted and your body appear slimmer. Try wearing styles with vertical seams and V-necklines, which will add volume at the waist to slim down your silhouette.
Avoid oversized tops that create extra space around the chest area, as this will draw attention to you hips instead of making you appear slimmer.
If you have a larger bust, choose tops that are fitted at the bust line, but roomy through the torso. A fitted body needs to be styled differently from one with more curves; a more feminine cut will work better for those with larger busts than boxier cuts that hide their shape.
Those who have smaller frames should choose tops that are also fitted at the neckline, but opt for V-necklines and scoop-necklines to help accentuate your waistline.
You need to consider the fabric used for your top so it’s proportionate to your body.